- Register of Deeds
- Instrument Filing Guidelines
Instrument Filing Guidelines
Preparing Documents to File
- Prepare documents legibly and according to the statutory requirements of the State of Kansas.
- Only original instruments can be recorded. Do not send copies.
- Include the correct fee and applicable taxes.
- Documents must be properly signed, acknowledged, and notarized.
- If the document includes a legal description make sure it is complete and compatible with all initial recordings.
- Identify all schedules and exhibits clearly.
- Must include property title, date, and execute the document.
- Include the name and address of the preparer and a return address.
- Deeds must be accompanied by a Real Estate Questionnaire or show a K.S.A. Exemption number on the face of the deed and where taxes are to be sent.
What Is Needed for a Passport
- Applicant must appear in person.
- Proof of citizenship (original-certified copy of your birth certificate or citizenship).
- Proof of identity (driver's license or state issued ID).
- One passport picture.
- Fees (2 checks are required)
- Age 16 and up: $130 to the US Department of State, plus $35 to the Register of Deeds.
- Age 15 and below: $100 to the US Department of State and $35 to the Register of Deeds.
Passports for 16 and older are valid for 10 years from the issue date.
Passports for 15 and below will be valid for 5 years from the issue date.
For children 15 and younger, the child must be present AND both parents must sign the application. If one of the parents is unable to appear, an affidavit may be presented from the absent parent.
Please allow 8 to 11 weeks to receive your passport in the mail after executing the application. If a passport is needed sooner than 6 weeks, applications may be expedited for an additional cost each.
All the needed forms may be obtained in our office at the time of application. Forms are also available online at the Travel State website. If you have any questions concerning passport applications, please contact this office.
Passport hours are 8:30 am to 3:30 pm. Monday through Friday, Walk-ins are allowed, but appointments are recommended.