Continuance Request


Do you need to have a court date continued and are not represented by counsel?

Only a judge can grant a continuance in a court case. The Osage County Attorney’s Office CANNOT grant a continuance in any court hearing. However, for your convenience, we are providing a Pro Se Motion for Continuance that you can download, fill out and file with the Clerk of the District Court in Osage County to request a continuance of your hearing. If you are represented by counsel, DO NOT use this form. Please contact your attorney and tell them that you need a continuance. If you are NOT represented by an attorney, you can use the following form to request a continuance. Court hearings will NOT be continued by phone. The form must be filled out completely and received by the Clerk of the District Court of Osage County BEFORE your court hearing is to take place. Motions to Continue will NOT be accepted after you have already missed your hearing. The completed form can be mailed, faxed, or hand-delivered as follows:

Clerk of the District Court of Osage County, Kansas
Osage County Courthouse
717 Topeka Avenue
P.O. Box 549
Lyndon, Kansas 66451
(785) 828-4514 – phone
(785) 828-4704 – fax
Hours: M-F 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM

Pro Se Motion for Continuance